Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Totes Married.

Wow. That is all I can say about our wedding day. From the very start of the ceremony to the very end (and past that), it was perfect, it was fun, and it was EMOTIONAL. I apologize to everybody who told us (which was pretty much every guest we had) that they've never cried so much at a wedding.

Oops.

I can't help but keep on re-living that day. Getting ready in the morning, having my "team" work on me and my mom. Getting to see the brothers come into the room looking all spiffy. Bridesmaids looking all cute. Waiting in the car with Kuya before I made my big entrance. Standing at the end of the aisle staring at Ryan. Ryan crying. Me crying. Everybody crying. Vows. The look on Ryan's face as he slid that ring on my finger. Squeezing Ryan's hand as the minister pronounced us husband and wife. Signing the certificate. AWESOME choir. Walking up the aisle as husband and wife. Tons of picture flashes. Hopping into the limo.

Break. Mini celebration in the limo. WOOO MARRIED LIFE!

Reception. Running around, getting dress fixed in bridal room. Greeting/meeting all the guests. Pictures up and around the corner from the reception site. Introductions. Kisses 3x in a row (thanks guys). MOH speech, BM speech. Cry cry cry. Oh Norms, you ugly crier you. Barely eating, running around talking to guests, taking pictures, super entertaining program. Surprise number from my husband?! *sigh. This is why I love him so much. Speeches from my brothers. Cry cry cry. Speeches from Castro parents. Cry cry cry. Cake cutting. Ryan's speech. Cry cry cry. My speech. Cry cry cry. The end.

I couldn't thank all of the guests enough for their support, presence but most of all love. I haven't felt that much love in a room in a long time. It's true what I said, there's no comparing the two coasts, the best people really do live on both coasts. As much as I've grown up with the best kind of people around, I'm really glad to have met and will live the rest of my life with another group of the best people ever. So a big cheers to that.

Big big thanks to my family who flew all this way (and a few who went bankrupt just to get here) to spend time with me before and after the wedding. I'm sorry I couldn't spend more time with you. I really really miss you guys and I hope you visit me soon. Kuya + Jed, take care of Mom.

And on one last note. Someone asked me which part (aside from the ceremony) was my favourite part, I have to say it was the surprise number of my new husband. As a lot of you know, I don't like receiving compliments, and I don't really think too highly of myself (unlike a few of my friends.. hahah). However, Ryan always compliments me, and he always goes out of his way to make me feel good about myself (despite my protests and blushing out of embarassment). So when he sang that song, it literally is about us, and it couldn't have been more perfect.

So as I sit here and eat my gyozas (that I made!!), I couldn't be more content, and more in love. That couldn't have been a more perfect start to married life.

3 comments: