Friday, April 30, 2010

Bridezilla?

There are bridezillas, there are brides, there are anti-brides, and there is me. There is just no way to put me in a category. I am no where near a bridezilla; I don't care what colour the napkins are, and I honestly don't care if my makeup will be a smokey eye, or a slightly smokey eye. I don't care if my band has diamonds or not, as long as I get to match with Ryan. And I honestly don't care if the groomsmen's ties match anything of the bridesmaids. I also can't be put in the brides category; I'm unorganized and I can't be bothered with little tiny details. I haven't dreamed of my wedding since I was young, it was more about dreaming about the dream guy. Lastly, I can't be put into the anti-bride category; I LIKE the idea of being a bride. Planning all this is stressful, yes, but I kind of enjoy it.

So where does that leave me? I would definitely say I am a wife. Yes, our wedding day is going to be the biggest day of our lives, but it's still just one day, yes? As much as I love this whole process, and as much as I look forward to seeing the venue, seeing my family cry (yes, Kuya included), seeing my girls all decked out, and seeing Ryan in that suit (and not to mention wearing my amaaaaaaazing dress) and crying all over the place as we say our vows, I still look forward to after the wedding. It's the married part that I'm going to love. Being grumpy as Ryan gets ready for work (because hello, I'm sleeping on for as long as I can!), trying to avoid doing any kind of house chore possible, hogging whatever game console we'll own, and attempting to cook edible food. That'll be the fun part.. watching Ryan attempting to survive life with me.

3 comments:

  1. no house chores? ryan doesn't do those either just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the after wedding part was what i looked forward to most also. it's the best part of it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could be eating onions, drinking onion juice, wearing an onion suit but I'm not crying.

    ReplyDelete