Saturday, April 3, 2010

connecting dots

Last weekend I observed one and a half weddings in two days.
Congrats to Annie + Mikey, and Jo + Vin (who actually were having their American reception, in addition to their wedding in Hong Kong which I was honored to be a part of back in October.)

When you're in the middle of planning your own wedding, attending other weddings gives you another level of understanding and appreciation to what people go through to get to that point. On top of that, you find yourself catching up with other couples who are also in the middle of planning their weddings.
Having these discussions is great in a way because at least for me, I learn something new, or something gets brought up that I hadn't thought about. Sure, the internet is great for research but nothing beats hearing how other guys and gals are handling their planning. For lack of a better term, they feel my "pain". But its not really pain, its just something that can be pretty overwhelming, but all the words of encouragement and tips we get, from everywhere, including here, means and helps us alot.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you need any other advice, tips, vendor recommendations. Mikey and I are here for you & Mae :)

    ReplyDelete