Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Epic Guest List No More.

*Disclaimer: This post is not meant to sound conceited, I just so happen to be part of a huge church and them being them.. a lot of the "older" crowd tend to assume they're invited, and a lot of "long lost friends" also assume as well....*


There are going to be rules to help me contain the amount of people I'm inviting.

1. If I haven't talked to you/hung out with you/had a meaningful conversation with you in the past 6 months, you are NOT invited.

2. If I did have conversations/hang out sessions with you (more than once) and did not feel the need to kick you in the face, you ARE invited.

3. If you messaged me out of nowhere just after my engagement just so you can go to NY, you are NOT invited.

4. If I know that I will not be keeping in touch with you after I move, you are NOT invited.

5. If I know when I come back to Vancouver to visit, and you will probably not come out, you are NOT invited.

6. If you have to question your invite status, chances are you are NOT invited.

7. If I did not personally tell you about my engagement, you are probably NOT invited.

8. If you are not part of my family/and I did not tell you specifically, +1's do not apply to you.

9. If you haven't met Ryan yet, chances are slim that you will be invited, unless there were unseen events that prevented you to.

10. If you have to ask to be invited, you are NOT invited.

The reason for these rules is that I'm writing names of my close friends off the top of my head and I'm already at almost 100 people for just my side of the invite list. This does not include the ninangs and ninongs and my very close extended family. Plus, it's not terrible of me to only want people whom I know will continue to support Ryan and I despite the distance. And I know I've been making a huge ruckus about the guest list, but it is a pretty big deal. It's usually the deciding factor on how expensive a wedding can be. *sigh*

Wish us luck.



PS. Special thanks to KA (moh) for being super awesome with me lately. She doesn't know this, but just being around her lets me stress less. Maybe because her issues are faster to resolve with just a push of a button. ;)
PPS. These rules are for those who still asked, even though it's OBVIOUS?

11. If you are in my immediate family, YOU ARE INVITED.
12. If you are part of my bridal party, YOU ARE INVITED.

Sheesh.

6 comments:

  1. I'd create extra drama on my end so you don't have to deal with yours! haha...

    I gotcha! the next few months are gonna be hell (i mean, i'm already stressing about how to make Kristian's place look like Hogwarts... how much more the wedding of the year?) buuuut i love you, and i'd go through a thousand bridal shops, flip through assorted magazines, and spend hella CASH on you to make you feel relaxed as possible.

    so... am i invited? LOL jkjk. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good rules. I have similar rules as well :) Glad to know we're on the same wavelength.

    When are you coming back East so I can meet you?! I was supposed to meet up with Ryan in August when you were here then, but I was super sick. Hope we can meet sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grabe, that's crazy. With my Kuya's wedding everyone wanted to be invited by whoever that they just set a guest limit instead. That helped them cut out a lot of people. They used 150 guests as a limit.

    If they didn't they could've invited a freaking village.

    But anywho, good luck with that

    ReplyDelete
  4. a snip here, a trim there. aaaall better =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2. If I did have conversations/hang out sessions with you (more than once) and did not feel the need to kick you in the face, you ARE invited.

    This made me laugh LOADS! As did the rest of this post. How funny you are ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got #1 from me!! hehehe I love it. And I too hate the guestlist. Ugh. I still wish for a small wedding, but small will be small for me :/ And don't worry, if they are genuinely happy for you and Cash, they WILL understand that they're NOT INVITED, and if they don't, then they SHOULDN'T BE INVITED :P you have another to add to your rules! yay!

    ReplyDelete